Farewell to the Virtual…
…well, sort of. Many aspects of the gameplay in Munzee have grown and evolved, and it’s time for the Virtual Munzee to follow suit. Effective tomorrow at 10:00am MHQ time, the Virtual Munzee is being retired from sale. Virtual Munzees on the map or in your undeployed list will remain, and ALL will still be active in gameplay (current and future deploys).
Where one door closes, another opens. In that spirit, we’re proud to introduce the MVM.
This is not the Mystery Virtual Munzee of the past. The MVM is a new type of virtual Munzee that combines the best of both the Mystery Virtual and the Virtual. It even has it’s own brand new icon! The point structure is as follows:
- Deploy: 50 points
- Capture: Split of 60 points in multiples of 5 with a minimum of 10 points (eg, 10, 15, 20, 25, etc)
- CapOn: Split of 60 points in multiples of 5 with a minimum of 10 points (eg, 10, 15, 20, 25, etc)
- EXAMPLE : If capper receives 20 points, Owner receives 40 points.
Other specifications of the MVM are:
- ALL Color credits can be used (including those purchased in the past)
- It can be captured using a Blast Cap
- It can be deployed via Quick Deploy tool using the online map
- It follows the same proximity rules as the Virtual Munzee – Deployed 50 feet from other players and 150 feet from your own.
- It will have its own filter in the app separate from the Mystery Virtual and the Virtual Munzee
Over the next 24 hours, the app and website will be updated to include the MVM. Do not panic! 😉 Just get excited instead!
At 10:00 MHQ time tomorrow (Friday, May 13th), the MVM will be available in the Munzee Online Store. They will be $5 each and will remain a permanent fixture in the store. In other words, this is not a limited time offering so you don’t have to wake up at 3am in Australia. 😉 Also, for the first week of sale (10:00 MHQ time on May 13th through 10:00 MHQ time on May 20th ), every MVM purchase will also receive a free color credit. (ex. Buy 1 MVM, get 1 color credit. Buy 5 MVMs, get 5 color credits.)
Why are we doing this? We want to retire the virtual due to the point structure. The cap on points just weren’t enough, the same was true with the mystery virtual. You will still see and interact with the old virtuals and mystery virtuals in the game. It is time for the points to balance with the new style of play and increased points. In other words, we are bringing more value to the owner of the Munzee.
We hope you enjoy the MVM. Munzee on!